eduPASS Logo The SmartStudent Guide to Studying in the USA Cultural Differences
Site MapAbout eduPASS
College Admissions
Financing College
English as a 2nd Language
Passports and Visas
Traveling to the USA
Cultural Differences
Living in the USA
Other Resources


Electronic Equipment

Most electrical outlets in the United States operate with a voltage of 110-120 volts, 60 cycles. If your equipment requires 220 volts, bring a transformer and plug adapter.

Videotapes recorded on foreign VCRs will not necessarily play correctly on American VCRs.

If you're thinking of buying a computer to bring with you, you may wish to wait until after you arrive in the US to get a computer. Computer and software prices are often less expensive in the US, and getting cheaper every day.


Home | Admissions | Financial Aid | Visas | Traveling to the US | English | Culture
Living in the US | Other Resources | Site Map | About eduPASS
Copyright © 2018 by FinAid Page, LLC. All rights reserved.
Mark Kantrowitz, Publisher