eduPASS Logo The SmartStudent Guide to Studying in the USA Financial Aid
Site MapAbout eduPASS
College Admissions
Financing College
English as a 2nd Language
Passports and Visas
Traveling to the USA
Cultural Differences
Living in the USA
Ask the Advisor
Other Resources


Financial Aid for Canadian Students

In addition to the FastWEB and CANFUNDS scholarship and fellowship databases, the University of Waterloo and Simon Fraser University offer databases of scholarships and fellowships for Canadian students to study in Canada.

For information about loans available to Canadian students, see the entries on MEFA and CanHELP in the loans section.

Canadian Guidance Services publishes a 250-page book of scholarships and awards available to Canadian high school students who will be entering a Canadian university. The book is revised every two years and is now in its 7th edition. The cost of the book is $19.95 plus $5 shipping and handling and $1.75 GST (total $26.70). For more information or to order a copy, call 1-905-332-0083, write to Canadian Guidance Services, 2042 Coral Cres., Burlington, Ontario, Canada, L7P 3K5, or send email to

Canadian students attending colleges in the USA may obtain loans through the Canadian government's Ministry of Skills, Training and Labour. Students should contact a Canadian lender, the appropriate Ministry office in their province, or Human Resources Development Canada in Ottawa. The interest rate is typically the prime rate plus 5.0%. One lender which issues these loans is Royal Bank Student Loan Centre, Transit #9080, PO Box 9590, Vancouver, BC V6B 4G3. For more information, call them at 1-604-665-4029.


Home | Admissions | Financial Aid | Visas | Traveling to the US | English | Culture
Living in the US | Ask the Advisor | Other Resources | Site Map | About eduPASS
Copyright © 2019 by FinAid Page, LLC. All rights reserved.
Mark Kantrowitz, Publisher