This section provides links to professional membership organizations
and associations for educators involved with international student
exchange and study abroad.
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- AACRAO is the national professional organization for admissions
and credential evaluation.
- American Council on International Intercultural Education (ACIIE)
- ACIIE is an affiliate of the American Association of Community
Colleges. ACIIE-member schools admit qualified international
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- AILA is a national bar association of more than 5,200 attorneys
who practice immigration law.
For more information, call 1-202-216-2400, fax 1-202-371-9449, or
write to American Immigration Lawyers Association, 1400 Eye Street,
NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005 USA.
- AMIDEAST focuses on intercultural exchanges with the Middle
East. Among other services, they publish The Advising Quarterly
for international educational advisors for $40 per year plus $10
shipping. For more information, call 1-202-776-9600, fax
1-202-776-7000, write to
America-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc. (AMIDEAST),
1730 M Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20036-4505 USA, or send
email to email@example.com.
- Association for Experiential Education
- Association Internationale des Etudiants en Sciences Economiques et Commerciales (AIESEC)
- AIESEC (pronounced "eye-sec") is a student-run nonprofit
organization that promotes international student exchanges.
For information about the US programs, see the
US AIESEC web site.
For more information, call 1-212-757-3774, fax 1-212-757-4062, write
to AIESEC United States, 135 W 50th Street, 17th Floor, New York, NY
10020 USA, or send email to
- Association of International Education Japan (AIEJ)
- Association for International Practical Training (AIPT)
- AIPT is a nonprofit organization that promotes practical training
opportunities (internships) for international students. It is
affiliated with the
International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE).
For more information, call 1-410-997-2200, fax 1-410-992-3924, write
to Association for International Practical Training, 10400 Little
Patuxent Parkway, Suite 250, Columbia, MD 21044-3510 USA, or send
email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Council for International Understanding (BCIU)
- BCIU is a business association that is dedicated to furthering
American business interests in the global marketplace. Located at the
American University in Washington, DC, BCIU offers customized training
to foreign nationals to operate in the US.
- Canadian Bureau for International Education
- Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
- For more information, write to Council for International Exchange
of Scholars, 3007 Tilden Street, NW, Suite 5L, Washington, DC
20008-3009 USA, or send email to email@example.com .
- European Association for International Education (EAIE)
- EAIE is the European national association for international
- European Council of International Schools
- ECIS is an international association of nonprofit international
schools, with offices in the UK, Australia, Spain, and the US.
For more information, write to
ECIS Office of The Americas,
105 Tuxford Terrace, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920.
- International Exchange Organizations
- This site provides a directory of US and Japanese International
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- NAFSA is the national professional organization for advisors of
international students. They have more than 7,000 members. They publish many useful books for advisors
and students. They have sections devoted to such topics as
international student admissions, teaching English as a second
language, foreign student advisors, and overseas educational advisors.
Their site includes information for
newly admitted international students,
including their US Culture Series brochures.
For more information, call 1-202-462-4811, fax 1-202-667-3419, write to
NAFSA: Association of International Educators,
1875 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20009, or send
email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Society for Experiential Education (NSEE)
- NSEE is a national membership organization that promotes
experienced-based approaches to teaching and learning. NSEE focuses
include internships and cross-cultural education.
For more information, call 1-919-787-3263, fax 1-919-787-3381, write to
National Society for Experiential Education,
3509 Haworth Drive, Suite 207,
Raleigh, NC 27609-7229, or send email to
- OSEAS (Overseas Educational Advisors) is a professional educators
group within NAFSA: Association of International Educators. OSEAS
members advise students outside the US about opportunities for study
in the US.
- SIETAR International
- SIETAR International (International Society for Intercultural
Education, Training, and Research) is an international professional
service organization for people who work in the intercultural field.
Related societies include
For more information, call 1-802-387-4785, fax 1-802-387-5783, write
to SIETAR International, Putney, VT 05346 USA, or send email to