We at eduPASS (“we” or “us”) are proud to offer information to international students who are thinking about pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or professional education in the USA.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
eduPass collects several types of information about you, from you and from third parties, including information:
- that personally identifies you (for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number, static Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, mobile device ID, geo-location information, and employment information;
- about you, that can personally identify you if linked with other information (for example, your country of citizenship, graduation date, and other education information); and
- about your computer, mobile device, Internet connection, and usage of this Website or mobile application.
We collect this information:
- when you actually provide it to us.
- automatically as you use our Website or mobile application.
- from third parties, such as when you log in using a LinkedIn account.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information eduPASS collects on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when you use any of the interactive tools on our Website or register to use our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website
- Records and copies of your email correspondence, if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Your chat histories on the Website.
We may sometimes supplement the information you submit to us with information from third party sources. For example, if permitted by law, we may supplement your information with address standardization data to make sure the address you have entered is correct.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
eduPASS may automatically collect certain information about how you use our Website, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including your IP address, time of visit, time spent on each page, pages viewed, click locations, and referring or exit web pages.
- Information about your computer or device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, hardware brand and model, and mobile network.
The information we collect automatically helps us improve our Website and Services by letting us:
- Estimate the size of our audience and their usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences so we can customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Improve our advertising and marketing services.
To automatically collect this information, we may use:
- Cookies, a small file saved on your computer that may transmit information about your site visits and preferences. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. You may also choose not to accept cookies, but if you do so, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Website.
- Web Beacons, a small transparent GIF image that is embedded in a web page or email to track when the page or email has been viewed.
ONLINE TRACKING & THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION GATHERING
Some browsers have “Do Not Track” features that allow you to tell a website not to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. How browsers communicate the Do Not Track signal is not yet uniform. As a result, our Website may not be able interpret or respond to Do Not Track signals communicated by your browser.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
eduPASS uses your information to:
- make sure that you are over the age of 18; and
- verify your identity, the accuracy of your information, and guard against potential fraud
We may also use your information to:
- improve our content, tools and services;
- offer products and services to you from us or third parties that we think you’d be interested in;
- provide customer support;
- offer you search results and ads more tailored to you;
- let you know about changes to our Website or other products and services;
- enforce agreements that you have made with us;
- protect against fraud;
- evaluate and/or improve marketing and advertising campaigns;
- comply with any court order, law or legal process; and/or
- improve our Website and mobile application.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
eduPASS may share information from or about you with:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Partners and service providers who help us prevent fraud, market our business, store data, and jointly offer or refer financial products and services to you. We require that these third parties use information from or about you only so they can perform the services you or we ask them to.
- Third-party services, such as our education advisory partners. We may use the information to pre-fill your application.
- Law enforcement and government officials when: we are compelled to do so by a court order, subpoena, search warrants, or similar legal procedure; we need to do so to comply with law; or if we believe in good faith that sharing your personal information is necessary to combat fraud, prevent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
eduPASS aims to make sure your information is safe and to protect you against fraud. The information you provide is sent directly to our third party cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) provider using a SSL/TLS, bank-grade encryption that complies with PCI Security Standards. eduPASS does not store your personal information on our company systems. Instead, your personal information is stored in data centers that are protected by physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
eduPASS does not intend to collect or solicit any information from children under the age of 13 and eduPASS’s Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any information regarding a child under 13, please contact us via email at email@example.com .