The best way to win a scholarship is to apply for those with criteria that fit your specific profile. But how do you find those elusive scholarships? By looking at the list for international students that we’ve compiled for you below!
Websites That Allow International Students to Search for Scholarships
- The College Board supports 7 million students each year as they prepare for college and also oversees the SAT college admission test. Their website offers scholarship and other financial aid and internship information from more than 2,200 programs.
- International Student specifically provides a scholarship search for international students. Its comprehensive and searchable database of grants, scholarships, loan programs and other information ensures that students from around the world have as many resources as possible to find ways to pay for college.
- Fastweb provides access to 1.5 million scholarships worth $3.4 billion. Students create a profile and are able to keep track of their applications on the website.
- Buddy4Study is a scholarship search engine for Indian students applying to schools in the USA and in other countries.
- Edukasyon lists various scholarships for students from the Philippines.
Scholarship Competitions for International Students
The Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship provides scholarships to students from select developing countries who have no other source of financial help for their graduate studies. The scholarships are 50 percent grant and 50 percent loan.
The American Association of University Women offers fellowships for non-American women who want to earn a Master’s or doctorate in the USA. Priority is given to women who can demonstrate commitment to the advancement of women and girls, and the scholarship may be reapplied every year of the program.
The Civil Society Leadership Awards offers full scholarships for Master’s students from specific countries who are dedicated to fostering social change.
Conacyt provides scholarships for Mexican students pursuing post-graduate studies in institutions abroad.
ColFuturo provides scholarships for Colombian students pursuing post-graduate studies abroad.
Foreign Fulbright Student Program offers scholarships for graduate students from around the world (as well as young professionals and artists) to study in the USA.
International Student has a comprehensive and searchable database of grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other information for international students.
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program provides comprehensive financial coverage, including tuition, a monthly stipend, airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance, to students from developing countries who have provided support to their home country’s development and who are applying for a development-related Master’s program.
MPOWER Financing offers scholarships for international and DACA students. Its Global Citizen Scholarship Program has the broadest eligibility criteria and is offered throughout the year, and niche scholarships are also available.
The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship awards scholarships to women from other countries who are earning their graduate degree in the USA.
Scholarships to Study in Canada
Check out our webpage dedicated exclusively to scholarships to study in Canada!
Scholarships to Study in Europe
Check out our webpage dedicated exclusively to scholarships to study in Europe!